When can I play soccer again ? I'm 3 weeks post op now

When can I play soccer again?

Dear gogo02gogo02,

I advice my patients to wait 6 weeks after surgery to resume strenuous exercise. It is best to follow up with your operating surgeon who knows you best. I wish you the luck!

Soccer 3 Weeks After Gynecomastia Surgery

In my opinion 3 weeks post-op is too soon to resume playing soccer. There is a lot of running and there can be contact. This could delay your overall healing time. I usually have my patients wait up to 6 weeks if all is going well. Ultimately, your plastic surgeon is the person who can best answer your question. It will be based on factors such as severity of your surgery and how you are healing. 

In another two to four weeks with your surgeon's okay, it will be time to go for the "hat trick". Good luck.

Richard Zienowicz, MD
Providence Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question.  Follow your surgeon's post op instructions.  You should be able to play soccer 6-8 weeks after surgery.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

When ?

You should be able to return to playing soccer 6-8 weeks after surgery. 

DrBurnett#realself100

Playing Soccer After Gynecomastia Surgery

This is something you should discuss with your surgeon who knows you best. I want my patients to wait 4 to 6 weeks before resuming any type of formal exercise, and I require them to wear their compression vest for 6 weeks. Good luck!

Miguel Delgado, MD

Returning to Athletic Activity Following Gynecomastia Surgery

Perhaps, this may help provide you some insight. Usually 1 week after #gynecomastia surgery you can begin taking moderate walks or ride a stationary bike. Strenuous workouts or aerobic #exercise can begin around 4 weeks post-op. I suggest you get approval from your doctor before you begin any physical activity and workout regimens. It important to prevent any damage to the surgical sites as you are healing. This will decrease your chance of requiring #revision procedures in the future. The best advice is to be patient as it is still very early in your post-operative #healing. 

Sports After Gynecomastia

Given that there may be some "chests" in soccer ( ball hitting the chest ) you will need to be cleared by your surgeon. Typically i tell my patients 6 weeks, but this will vary from patient to patient depending on healing. Be sure to follow your surgeons instructions.

After surgery workout

Hello and thank you for your question. Exercise after surgery is usually not recommended until your surgeon gives you clearance. Typically 6-8 weeks is the time frame on any kind of activity after gynecomastia surgery to avoid healing issues. Always check with your surgeon before beginning any kind of activity.

John W. Tyrone, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

Activity after surgery

You are best to ask your surgeon when you are cleared for contact sports. I usually limit that for at least 6 weeks after most surgeries.