Any medicine for female hereditary baldness ? (photos)
Doctor Answers 8
Medicine for hair loss in women
Hereditary Baldness in a Woman
- Genetic Hair loss that is exacerbated due to medical conditions: Evaluations with lab work should be done.
- Typical Female Patterned Baldness: Medical treatment should be optimized
- Male Patterned Baldness in a Woman: Medical treatment in addition to hair transplant if indicated
Female Hereditary Hair Loss Treatment Options
This regimen may include topical medications, low level laser therapy and/or PRP platelet rich plasma. Your poor result from once-a-day over-the-counter minoxidil could be significantly improved with a prescription compounded minoxidil called Formula 82M used twice a day. When it comes to laser devices, there is no match for the power and convenience of the original cordless/rechargeable LaserCap. PRP is an in-office treatment which uses the growth factors derived from your body's own blood platelets which we combine with BioD-Restore or ACell to stimulate improved hair growth.
Before starting any treatment, however, you should receive scientific HairCheck cross sectional bundle measurements in several areas of the scalp to monitor your response to treatment. HairCheck numbers will begin to change months before the results are noticeable in the mirror--so it tells you if you how you are responding. Normally, we measure your progress every 90 days using HairCheck.
If microscopic evaluation of the areas of loss reveals severe density depletion, then hair transplantation will be the required treatment to restore hair follicles to that area. We routinely perform FUE hair transplantation for women, if needed, in order to restore density and coverage to the scalp.
You might also like...
Any medicine for female hereditary baldness ?
The “Organic Hair Transplantation” method is a novel development in modern hair transplantation surgery practice which was developed with the efforts of our research and development department. Now; our successful hair transplantation results has evolved to a new era thanks to the “Organic Hair Transplantation” method. We can consider this new method as a revolutionary development.
“Organic Hair Transplantation” is based on injection of a mixture containing adipose derived stem cells obtained from own fat tissue of the patient to the scalp of the patient. The recipient area gets rejuvenated and the viability of transplanted grafts is increased with the effects of adipose derived stem cell injection. The injection of adipose derived stem cells also provides a better work area for the surgeon.
Loss of hair is a natural process when it is between the limits that the body can restore them
Treatment for female baldness
Once a firm diagnosis is established many surgical and non surgical treatments exist.
The earlier treatment starts, the better the results.
Don't let this get you down. Treatment will usually show improvement.
Any medicine for female hereditary baldness?
OPTIONS FOR FEMALE HAIR LOSS
Women with genetic hereditary hair loss might consider the following points:
1. Minoxidil doesn't help all women but does help some. It has to be used 5-6 months before evaluating if it works or not. Many women give up too soon.
2. For women with hereditary hair loss developing in their teens and 20s it' s important to ask your doctor if there's any chance a condition called PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) is present. It's not always of course, but important to diagnose
3. Don't assume there is "just" female hereditary hair loss as the cause of the hair loss. There could be other issues such as low iron, dietary issues, thyroid issues. Blood work is absolutely needed for all women with hair loss. Many many women have two or more issues causing their hair loss.
4. Treating the dandruff or seborrheic dermatitis is important. Treat aggressively to get rid of redness and itch. Shampoos like ketokonazole, selenium sulphide, zinc pyrithione are important.
5. The options for hereditary hair loss in women are minoxidil as well as off label treatments such as spironolactone, low level laser and platelet rich plasma. Hair transplantation may also be an option if there is good hair in the back of the scalp (the donor area).
I hope this helps.