I had my surgery 10 days ago, I want to know when to get back to cardio workouts and sports like soccer?

( Lipo and gland removal )

Consult with your surgeon since each surgeon has a slightly different post op instructions. In general, you should be able to do cardio workout and play soccer 3-4 weeks after surgery. Good luck.

Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Resuming Workouts After Gynecomastia Surgery

Usually 1 week after #gynecomastia surgery you can begin taking moderate walks or ride a stationary bike. Strenuous workouts or aerobic #exercise can begin around 4 weeks post-op. However, you must have your doctor's approval before you begin any #workout regimen.

Getting Back to Workouts After Gynecomastia Surgery

This is something you should discuss with your surgeon who knows you best. For my patients, I want them to wait 4 to 6 weeks depending on how they are healing. Good luck.

Miguel Delgado, MD

Gynecomastia surgery

I prefer that patients limit their exertion activity for 3-4 weeks after excision procedures of the male chest.  You are best to ask your surgeon.

When can I exercise?

Because only your surgeon knows how extensive your surgery was, he or she should be answering this question, not random doctors from the internet. You will definitely be safe somewhere between 2 and 4 weeks if you don't have any sort of complications such as a seroma or hematoma.  2-4 weeks is a big window that can be determined by your surgeon and the complication part of seroma or hematoma is also determIned by your surgeon,  please ask at your next appointment or call or email your surgeon. Congratulations on your surgery. 

Melinda Haws, MD

Return to exercise after gynecomastia surgery?

Congratulations on having undergone the gynecomastia surgery. Recovery after gynecomastia can vary for each patient depending on many factors: the complexity of each case, exactly what procedure was performed, and how the patient is progressing (with or without complications). 

In my practice, patients  are asked to ambulate immediately and can start lower body exercises such as stationary bike riding by two weeks, barring complications.  Generally, patients are asked to avoid strenuous activity and heavy-lifting or about 4-6 weeks.   I also suggest the patient stay away from potential contact sports, such as soccer or martial arts, or at least two months after the procedure.

My patients are asked to wear a compression vest or garmet to help minimize swelling and provide support for at least 4 weeks. Consult your plastic surgeon to determine whether or not you are ready for more activity. Best wishes.