I have a mild swelling on the sides of my chest above the liposuction incision. I'm 6 weeks post op, how can I get rid of it?

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Liposuction After care includes RF treatments (Venus Legacy, Exilis Ultra) Cellutone/zwave, hyperbaric oxygen

I suggest a combination approach to your aftercare to help with swelling and improve results. I recommend adding RF treatments (Venus Legacy, Exilis, Ultra, Vanquish) for skin tightening and fat removal along with shock/vibration therapy Cellutone/z wave for skin smoothing along with hyperbaric oxygen and compression in order to decrease swelling and improve results. Best, Dr. Emer

Swelling six weeks after liposuction

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

If most of your swelling is gone, you are healing really well. It takes the body at least 6 months to get rid of all surgical swelling so there is nothing you need to do except be patient and give it more time.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Swelling and liposuction

Swelling is normal post-op.  It can take several months for the swelling to subside. Be patient with the results.