I did Voluma Juvederm to my cheeks - how long does it last?

Voluma lasts 2 years

In general, I am finding that Voluma is lasting about 2 years for my patients. Hope this helps.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Voluma

Thank you for your question dina. Voluma is a filler used to enhance the appearance of the face. The pivotal studies on Voluma demonstrated that people will enjoy their results for up to two years with optimal correction. The amount required for optimal correction varies from person to person. In my experience I find that if one syringe is used per side (a conservative amount), people enjoy their results for approximately one year. However, some people metabolize the product faster than others. Most will return six months later for one syringe or 12 months later for two syringes. Some desire further enhancement after 2 syringes. This is done 2 weeks after the initial treatment. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations.  Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

How long Voluma lasts depends on both the amount injected and the location of the injections.

How long Voluma lasts depends on both the amount injected and the location of the injections. Initial studies using 6 syringes found results to last for up to two years and even beyond. Ultimately each individual patient will have a different experience as to how long their Voluma lasts, though.

Margaret Weiss, MD
Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma longevity

Voluma can last up to 2 years on average.  Always seek treatment from a qualified professional.  Good luck!

Jennifer Trent, MD, FAAD
Sarasota Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma

Hello, and thanks for your question. 

Voluma can last a couple of years, making it more durable than many other hyaluronic acid fillers. To maximize the likelihood of a favorable outcome, I recommend that you only get treated by a well-trained and experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon.

Hope this opinion is helpful to you. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

How long does Voluma last?

Thank you for your question. I have been impressed with the longevity of Voluma. Voluma can last for up to two years. However, the results vary from patient to patient.

Voluma

Thank you for your question in regards to Voluma. It can last "up to two years". Although it will start to diminish after a year. To keep your results, it is recommened sooner than the two year mark. To be sure, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Voluma for facial volume loss used as a filler

Voluma typically lasts on my patients more than a year. It certainly diminishes gradually rather disappearing overnight at two years.  Frequently I see patients whose results are still visible at a year and a half. There is a very high patient satisfaction rate in my NYC  practice with Voluma

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

I did Voluma Juvederm to my cheeks, how long does it last?

Thank you for your question.  The original Voluma study showed effects for up to two years after administration, but much of this will be patient specific depending on location of placement, metabolism, and initial starting amount. Hope that this helps.

Longevity of Voluma - it's in the details - "Cheek Challenge" Lyft vs Voluma

This is an often misquoted statistic. The FDA approval to state 2 year duration is using 6 syringes. Hardly anyone gets that many syringes. When 2 were used, it is closer to 12-18 months. Also, this doesn't mean that 100% of the product is there at these benchmarks, usually it's about 50%. The bottom line is that everyone is different and it's a range of about 6 months. I'm in the midst of a "cheek challenge". Using Voluma on one side and Restylane Lyft on the other cheek. I used 3 on each side. We are now at about 6 months. The patient is coming in tomorrow for follow up. See video below.

Steven F. Weiner, MD