Are fillers good for me and lip filler as well? (Photo)

Fillers like juvederm VOLUMA

Fillers for Facial Rejuvenation like Voluma

There are many facial injections to rejuvenate the skin and an expert will help you decide which fillers are best for the different areas of the face.  Voluma is best for mid face while Juvederm and Restylane work well for the lips. Not one filler is best.  It really depends on the area being injected and the amount of wrinkles and your facial structure.  Best, Dr. Green

HA Fillers

HA Fillers like Restylane and Juvederm are very commonly used for patients with many different facial structures and issues to restore volume, rejuvenate the face and improve the lips.  Voluma is not recommended for the lips, but the thinner HAs work very well there.

Are fillers good for me and lip filler as well? =Juvederm, restylane or belotero, NO voluma #lipaugmentation #lipfillers

Lip enhancement/ augmentation could be achieved with over the counter dermal fillers.
The most common dermal filers for lip augmentation are based on hyaluronic acid (HA) and are soft. The most common HA fillers for lip augmentation in the US are Juvederm, Restylane and Belotero.

Voluma, even though is a HA filler, is NOT recommended for lip augmentation. This filler is very stiff, therefore designed for cheek augmentation. Voluma in the lips could give a very stiff /unnatural lip appearance. 

Patients interested in a lip augmentation with soft tissue HA fillers should make a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon specialized in plastic surgery lip agumentation

John Mesa MD
New York City (#NYC) & New Jersey (#NJ)

John Mesa, MD

Thank you for your question and photograph.  Fillers work well in nearly all patients, helping to add volume, definition, shape, or tissue support, but their use will depend on your desired area of improvement.  I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation, and below I am attaching a link for useful filler information.