4 weeks post op and I have some swelling on the sides of my chest. It's a mild swelling but it's annoying

how to get rid of it ? thanks

Post Operative Swelling

Thanks for your question.  The most difficult thing about most cosmetic surgeries is waiting for your final result.  Your swelling is what you are focused on and the only thing for that is patience.  Once the swelling subsides, I'm sure you will be happy with your results.  Hang in there!

Swelling After Gynecomastia

Hi... Unfortunately, swelling is normal and expected after any surgery.  You can help improve it by being less active and wearing your compression garment.  In the end, time is necessary.  Be patient.  Good luck.
Dr. Parham Ganchi - NJ Plastic Surgeon

Parham Ganchi, PhD, MD
Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Soft tissue swelling

Your swelling may. E managed with lymphatic massage, compression garment, bromelain, and arnica montana. Contact your BCPS for treatment options. 

DrBurnett#realself100

Can you share some photos to better illustrate your question? 

Please follow up with your doctor as these issues require the attention of a plastic surgeon.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

What to Expect Post Gynecomastia Surgery

Following #Gynecomastia #surgery, your incisions will go through a maturation #process. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. 

Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Swelling

Swelling will go away on its own. You need to be patient. It will fluctuate with salt intake and exercise.  Good luck.