High profile vs medium? And to add in cc? (Photo)

Hiya, I know you can't give specific answers but I was wondering if you could give me an idea at least. I have a wide chest and I wanting implants. I have decided on round but I'm not sure on the profile. I don't get to see my surgeon until the day before surgery so I was wanting to have some ideas before I go. The third picture is basically how I would like to have my boobs at the end of it all. So based on your opinion, moderate or high? And potential cc, for a full D cup? Thank you so much!

High profile vs medium? And to add in cc?

Focus on the look not the cc or cup size. Patient's often regret decisions based on extraneous factors as you may end up with suboptimal result. Bra's vary from store to store, and cc's mean nothing in isolation. You should be measured during your consult and offered implants within a 5mm window of those measurements in multiple styles. For what's its worth, in my experience a dimensionally sound mod+ profile tends to go from an A+/B- to the magical full C or small D. A high profile (or SRF) would be about 100ccs larger to maintain the same base width and more like a Full D but VS will call it a DD or DDD, particularly in a 32-34. Ultimately, try on the different styles and look in the mirror. When you see the look you like, pick that style! This requires a consult, exam, measurements and sizing with a board certified plastic surgeon. My patients select the implant style and their chest dimensions dictate the number of cc's. I make specific recommendations to each and every of the augmentation patients I see annually based on: 1) dimensional planning 2) expressed goals 3) amount and quality of tissue to hide the implant. I have included a link with my explanation of the different implants and what to expect from your consult as well as hundreds of before and after photos to see what change implants of a particular size deliver. Best of luck. #drfeldman #BancroftFeldman #breastaugmentation #sugarland #HoustonTX

Profile and volume

The answer to both of these questions depends upon your measurements and soft tissue characteristics.  In general terms, you will probably have a good result with moderate plus profile or high profile implants.  I would recommend that you try on some implants to get an idea of what a given volume will look like.  Bringing in photographs of what want to look like postoperatively will certainly help.

High profile vs Moderate

Thanks for reaching out.  That is a great question.  One of the things that can't be seen on your photo is how much stretch your skin and breast tissue has.  I would say that the moderate profile is going to have a gentler more natural take off in the upper pole.  The higher profile will help fill out any looser or deflated skin.

I hope this helps :)

John Paul Tutela, MD
Livingston Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants / Breast Augmentation/ Cohesive Gel Implants / Silicone Implants / Revision Breast Surgery

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements. Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance. Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).
Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.
These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

High profile vs medium profile breast implants for me?

Thank you for the question. Based on your photographs, I think that you are starting at a good place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery. You have also done a nice job, both in your description and with your goal photographs, communicating your goals here.

Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “very natural” or "full D cup”etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Implant size options

Thank you for the question and photos. It isn't possible to give you specific advice about implant size, projection, cc's without an in-person exam. Your unique breast measurements will determine the specific implants which fit your breasts. Your Plastic Surgeon can use your measurements along with the desired look you ask for to then recommend certain sizes and projections. My patients find it helpful to try on implant sizers in the office with a form fitting T-Shirt in order to get an idea of what they will look like. I recommend that you talk with your Plastic Surgeon about your concerns and be sure that you know what you are getting before surgery.

All the best

What size implants

Based on the photographs, and without an in person exam or at least measurements of the base width of your chest wall, one can only give a guess based on experience. To get that rounded look you will need a fairly large implant, at least 450 mL, and I would think high profile better than moderate profile plus. This is certainly a guess and a Vectra 3-D imaging platform to provide much more information pertinent to you. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS