Is PRP necessary after hair transplant?

Any side effects associated with prp??

PRP and hair transplant? ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS NJ

Studies have showed that p r p is an excellent adjunct to transplantation. In my opinion PRP should be used prior to transplantation,with transplantation and after transplantation to maintain the existing  hairs. As one ages, the genetically predisposed hairs will miniaturize. This will decrease the density on the scalp, even with the transplanted hairs .Find a p r p expert. Ask to see photos. Good luck. 

Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

PRP after hair transplant?

Having performed 20,000 procedures over the past 30 years I can assure you that PRP is not necessary for excellent results.Having said that, I generally use PRP during the procedure these days because it helps with healing, may accelerate growth, and may stimulate existing hair.

Gregory Pistone, MD
Cherry Hill Dermatologist