If I go to a dermatologist can he say the exact reason of my hair loss?

Hair loss

I agree that hair loss can be due to a number of factors including stress, hormonal imbalance, hair weaves, etc. Check with your Derek first and get his/her suggestions.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Dermatologist for hair loss

Yes, a dermatologist can determine the cause of your hair loss. Most male hair loss is caused by genetics, but there are medical causes of loss which can be addressed and diagnosed by a dermatologist.

Dow Stough, MD
Hot Springs National Park Dermatologic Surgeon

Greetings

a history and scalp  examination will be needed to get to the answer, Loss of hair is a natural process when it is between the limits that the body can restore them. When the capacity of the body to restore the hair loss is beaten by the excessive hair loss then we can name this situation something that should be treated. Stem cells are one of the most popular topics in the science area and it is a well-known fact that the life was built on the shoulders of these cells. Stem cells are used in treatment of many diseases today. Aesthetic plastic surgery is another area that stem cells are used for their advantages. Stem cells are obtained from the own adipose tissue of the patient. It can be stated that stem cells transferred to another place in the body yields rejuvenating, refreshing and repairing effects on the tissue. “Organic Hair Transplantation” method uses the advantages of the stem cells at the maximum level.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

In men, 99% of hair loss

In men, 99% of hair loss is caused by genetic factors, so assumine you are a male and under the age of 30, you are most likely to have genetic hair loss

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Can a dermatologist tell me the reason for my hair loss?

Usually. Generally,  a history and scalp  examination will be needed to get to the answer. Sometimes a history, scalp examination and blood tests are needed. Sometimes a history, scalp examination, blood tests and a biopsy are needed. Sometimes a history, scalp examination, blood tests, biopsy and skin scrapings are needed. 

But with enough detective work, answers come. 

There are some very challenging issues in hair medicine, where I can give a diagnosis. ("This is what you have") but we don't know why the patient has this happening to them.