Will I go bald? (Photos)

After typhoid my scalp has become itchy and hair has become dry .When I scratch my hair then they fall . They are healthy hair and have a black ending. I have started using finasteride . Will I get back my hair or go bald . I am only 18 now .

18 and losing hair

Your biggest enemy is the progressive thinning leading to a balding pattern that is not evident at this point in time. The degree of thinning that you are experiencing would suggest that you should see a doctor who most likely will get Bulk Measurements of your hair to determine the degree of the thinning that you are presently having. If the diagnosis is early genetic hair loss (the most common cause of hair loss in young men), then the best treatment would be the drug finasteride which is highly effective in men of your age and may not only stop the hair loss but possibly reverse it. If you are developing a more advanced balding pattern the HAIRCHECK test will determine the Bulk Measurements of your hair and put a number on that hair loss (a metric) and this will show, over a one-year time frame, how effective the treatment will be. Once you know this information, then you and your doctor need to develop a MASTER PLAN which will define what you need to do over the years to come.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

After typhoid hair fall

These kind of acute or chronic illness may cause temporary hair loss not balding. it is a kind of telogen efflivium that will resolve by time and your hair grow back .. no need to use finasteride 

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon