I am 5'4 and weigh 245 does that automatically disqualify me from being able to get liposuction and a bbl?

I've seen and also know a few women who are physically bigger than me and were able to get their procedures done but every doctor I have spoken to has told me that I can't get any work done. I don't smoke or drink and have no pre existing conditions. So I don't get why I can't get my lipo/bbl done.

I am 5'4 and weigh 245 does that automatically disqualify me ?

Hello Dear, thank you so much for your questions. 

safety and overall health of your body mass index or BMI, must be below 30, right now is around 35. It more recommended will be  decrease at least 60 pounds, but this decrease of weight must perform is gradually and coordinated with your doctor, for the prevention of disorders metabolic that can influence negatively in your health.

This will reduce the chances of many complications.

Hope to hear from you soon, best wishes!!

Weight loss can and will reduce risks both during and after surgery.

BMI and BBL

It is best if your BMI was lower. The risks of complications are much higher in someone of your size.

Weight and surgery, some advices:

Thank you very much for this interesting and important question.

Trying to lose weight before a surgical procedure its a very delicate matter, since in many cases a restrictive diet can cause problems, such as anemia, electrolyte disturbances, decreased protein, etc ... retarding the healing process and damaging the surgery.
For these reasons, if your purpose is to lose weight, i recommend you have a BMI less or equal to 30.
In this regard, you must to have a support with a nutritionist, so you can achieve the desired goal, in the most healthy way, without incressing complications risks in the plastic surgery to perform.

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

#ASPS #BBL #liposuction

Hello futuredoll, thank you for your excellent question!  Each surgical procedure has it's own set of pre operative instructions. Your surgeon's preference and your health history play a role in what goes into your pre operative instructions. Eat a balanced diet, don't smoke, exercise, get plenty of rest.  For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam with a board certified Plastic Surgeon. Look for a surgeon who has at least one of these credentials: *Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery - the gold star symbol *A member of the ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons) - the circle symbol *A member of the ASAPS (American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons) - the Queen Nefertiti symbol with a Triangle.     Feel free to contact our office, it would be our pleasure to answer your questions in person.  Very best, Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS  Care Plastic Surgery

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

BMI for BBL

Every doctor will have a slightly different protocol based on their beliefs and experiences but most will agree that having a BMI above 30 isn’t optimal for elective cosmetic surgery. I recommend that my patients have a BMI of 30 or less to have the best and safest results. Your BMI is around 42 which is considered obese and isn’t optimal for undergoing elective cosmetic surgery as it puts you at a higher risk of delayed healing, so it would be best for you to try and get your BMI down to around 30 or lower. I also recommend that my patients remain at their goal weight for at least 6 months before having surgery done for optimal results because weight fluctuation can cause a change in your results.  It is important to remember to live a healthy, balanced lifestyle through diet and exercise, even after surgery for best results and to reduce your chance of health related issues.  Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,
James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... to have this procedure your bmi must have less that 33 in your body mass levels. You will get even better results.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Recommended BMI is less then 30 for health and safety reasons.

A "BBL" Brazilian butt lift harvest fat from areas ( Liposuction ) with the fat removed from the areas using your own fat it transfer to the buttocks and into the hips.The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy.  This is a safe and effective way to contour the lower body.

When you're looking for a cosmetic procedure you find a surgeon that has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experience in Brazilian Butt Lifts.  choose one wisely.  Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. and free Face to face consultation.

Rami Ghurani, MD