Is there any truth to the increasingly common complaint of loss of facial fat/negative facial changes due to Rhinoplasty?

Ex. -Tear through deformity -Grafts pressing down on upper lip (long after swelling has gone) -loss of facial fat -over all "aging" effect - eyes narrowing or widening

Rhinoplasty changes

I have not heard anything about such a phenomenon and cannot say why it would be. Would like to see some examples.

Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fascial changes after rhinoplasty

It is unlikely that the face will undergo many changes such as loss of fat after a rhinoplasty.  However the change in the nasal dorsum can make the eyes appear narrow or wide.

Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and face

I do not think that a rhinoplasty will interfere with the surrounding facial anatomy( i.e. tear trough areas, and lips)