Will laser eye surgery help me?

When i was a child (1996) i damaged my eye (the iris, i believe) with a tent pole, its looks like I've got half a pupil. i can't see very well through that eye, therefore, my other eye is under a lot of strain and is deteriorating as a result of this. Is there any type of surgery that could help me?

LASIK, EYE damage

Sorry to hear about yourdamaged eye. I don't know how you are NOW,  but your other eye may be getting worse for different reasons,  NOT because it is overwhelmed. If you your other eye is healthy and it stops changing for at least a year then you may consider PRK, a form of Laser vision correction that is extremely safe, possibly safer than wearing contact lenses. Best wishes! Dr Saimovici 

New York Ophthalmologist