Genuinely Skilled and Highly Successful Revision Rhinoplasty Specialists In the USA?

I have had a horrible and unneccesasry primary septo rhinoplasty that has devastated not just my appearance but my entire life and self. I do not want a third rhinoplasty. I want my second to be my last. Who are the surgeons you would recommend that can accomplish this? I am sick and tired of the fake reviews and the conflicting information I am finding. I want honest answers based on tangible experience that either you or patients you know of have had with their revision rhinoplasty doctors?

Lack of Transparency

Unfortunately, your story, anger and confusion are COMMON.... Any rhinoplasty expert who does a significant of revision rhinoplasty has a practice full of people like you...the best way to do this today is a combination of word of mouth, judicious evaluation of social media/internet/reviews and pounding the pavement to see several reputable surgeons (both plastic surgery and ENT)

The decision to undergo a revision rhinoplasty needs to be considered carefully..Unfortunately, unsatisfactory results and secondary deformities from primary rhinoplasty are all too common.... like many other advances in science, technology, etc. the techniques and approach to rhinoplasty have become significantly refined over the last 20 years..... much of what is done now by qualified rhinoplasty specialists is much more 'constructive' than the 'destructive' methods of the past.... still many patients have suboptimal surgeries that result in asymmetry, over-resection of supporting structures and ultimate collapse over time.

Although under-resected/less destructive rhinoplasties are easier to fix, most problems can be addressed.... in my practice, this will require an open approach along with structural grafting....if your septum is unavailable rib cartilage will be necessary

You need a thorough evaluation and a well thought out plan....you will need to gain the confidence that your surgeon has the skills and aesthetic judgment to fix your problem....do your homework and be sure that your revision rhinoplasty surgeon has:

1. many years of rhinoplasty practice experience
2. judgment and techniques that have evolved over time
3. a practice focused on rhinoplasty
4. a willingness to do difficult, secondary and reconstructive cases
5. an interest in teaching others how to evaluate and do rhinoplasty properly
6. a willingness to share rhinoplasty resume, photos and patient experiences with prospective patients

good luck...

Revision rhinoplasty specialist

There are many revision rhinoplasty specialists in the United States, and  there are many located in large metropolitan areas. Look for a surgeon who has dedicated a significant component of their practice  to the discipline of rhinoplasty, performs the procedure often,  and has excellent before and after  photos in their rhinoplasty photo gallery. Ratings, reviews and testimonials are also important.

Revision rhinoplasty

I would recommend Dr. Paul Nassif.  The other option would be Dr. Dean Toriumi in Chicago.  Regards

Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty

There are many excellent surgeon in the area that can perform revision surgery. Good luck with your decision to move forward.

Revision Rhinoplasty

Dear whereihavegone:

It is very difficult to answer your question without knowing what was done to or what the current status of your nose is.  But I completely understand your trepidation regarding a revision procedure.  The best advice I can give is take your time in finding a board certified surgeon who has experience in a number of grafting techniques and make sure you are comfortable with them.  Ask tons of questions and, remember, this is a team effort by both you and your surgeon.

Good luck!

Dr. E

Waleed Ezzat, MD FACS
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision Rhinoplasty

Hi,

sorry to to hear about your experience with the first 
rhinoplasty!
If you could put some images on and say exactly what and how you want your nose altered, I am sure you will find several skilled surgeons in the US to answer your queries !

Best wishes

J Tahery 
ENT surgeon
chester
UK

Jawed Tahery, FRCS
Manchester Facial Plastic Surgeon