What else do I need to get done for a more beautiful face? I want a narrower more effeminate look (Photo)

Hi doctors I'm a transgendered woman.I'm going to be having facial femenization surgery in two weeks.. My doctor and I decided we should do a jaw reduction, rhinoplasty for a more ski jump shaped nose and a brow bossing reduction. I have high cheekbones so I was also wondering if a jaw reduction would look strange. I want to have a very femenine face. I've been feeling really insecure lately. Should I do anything else besides the procedures I listed?? I want to look natural.

Starting from a good place

Roxanne, You have great skin, and that is something that is really hard to get back if you don't have it.  So you are starting from a great spot.  Setting the bone in your forehead back will make a big difference, and so will a more feminine nose.  A buccal fat pad removal may help to emphasize your full cheeks and cheekbones.  Your chin does seem somewhat wide in these photos, so reducing that may make sense.  You may also want to consider bringing it forward a little as well which would help to make your nose appear smaller and more feminine.  These are subtle changes, though, and difficult to assess with just photos.  Your current plan will make a big difference and your surgeon can help you decide if you want to add anything to it. Good luck with your recovery.  Bryan Rolfes, MD

Minneapolis Otolaryngologist

Transgender facial surgery

The procedures listed are quite  reasonable and are commonly the first procedures done for facial feminization.   You also have relatively full cheeks and you may be a good candidate for buccal fat extraction to create contour to your lower face..

Philip Solomon, MD, FRCS
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon