Would the alarplasty surgery reduce the exposure of my columella? (photos)

I think my nose is fine except for the alar rims and columella. What procedure is best to fix these issues?

Alar rims and alar plasty

the nasal base seems ok. Not too much columellar show or alar retraction. There is a septal deviation, causing medial crural flare. 

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Alar base

Your base looks ok. You have some deflection of what looks like your septum in the right airway which might be contributing to your asymmetry.  The columella has not significant show in my opinion.

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from an agulated caudal septal trim to decrease the amount of columellar show.  I frequently perform this surgery for this same situation. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Alar rim surgery

Hi Alexisc188, as far as I can see from your pictures the problem is with your nasal septum. The caudal part of the septum is deviated to the right and the nose opening (nostril) is smaller on the right side. A properly executed septoplasty operation will correct this problem. However some tip rhinoplasty may be necessary to establish good symmetry. Good luck.

Ege Ozgentas, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon