After extraction, what can I do to treat the extreme pain I'm feeling? Paracetamol doesn't seem to have any affect! (photos)

Had a lipoma extraction today it was taken from my upper back near my spine. The size was roughly 30mm quite big. It caused pain and sickness before it was taken but especially more so since it had been extracted. Is there any precautions I should be taking? and what pain killers drugs can I tKe to relieve the pain. I also bled a lot as a blood vessel was severed.

#Lipoma Removal - pain I'm feeling?

It's unusual to have this degree of pain after a lipoma removal and, coupled with the photo and your history of bleeding after the surgery, I think you should contact your surgeon and explain what's going on.  You may have an accumulation of blood within the space where the lipoma was.  Small amounts will absorb on their own; larger ones may need to be evacuated.  Either way, your surgeon should be informed as to what's happening, and then let him or her decide what to do next.  I hope that this helps and good luck.  Dr. Alan Engler, Member of #RealSelf500

After extraction, what can I do to treat the extreme pain I'm feeling?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph and I am sorry to hear of your recovery issues.  In most cases the pain and discomfort after lipoma removal improves quickly in the first few days after surgery.  I would discuss your pain with your surgeon as they may be able to write for a different medication that can better control your discomfort.  Best wishes.