Tender lump s/p Bleph and fat transfer to cheeks? (photos)

I am 8 weeks post op bilateral Bleph and fat transfer to cheek bones. I still have a tender lump that seems to be fluid filled. My surgeon reccomended heat, massage, and time. He's not sure what it is. He mentioned possibly having to do lipo to the area....Any other thoughts or suggestions? Seems invasive. Is it caused from Bleph or fat transfer to cheek? I'm worried and frustrated.

Lump after fat transfer

I am sorry that you are having issues about your procedure and thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

Without physical examination is is difficult to determine if the source of the problem is the fat or fluid. After 8 weeks it's less likely to be fluid. Unfortunately time is the only next logical step at this point. Wait on invasive procedures until you have a better sense of the outcome before doing anything. 

Finally, make sure that your doctor is aware of your process. He should be able to guide you best in your care.

Wishing you the best in your journey

Lump after fat

Has the lump been there the whole time?  If so, it is extra fat.  If it is new, it may be an infection in the fat.  If there is fluid, it can be drained and sent for culture.  If it has been there since the surgery you may want to give it more time to see if it resolves. 

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

This is likely a wad of grafted fat.

I personal do not recommend fat in this area because issues like this are visible and essentially require surgery to fix.  However you are only 8 weeks out from surgery.  There is still swelling and inflammation related to the fat grafting.  Only 40 to 60% of the grafted fat is retained.  However, this process takes about 4 months.  For that reason, I encourage you to heal for another 2 months.  Whatever is retained at 4 months is going to need to be addressed. By the way, "liposuction" does not fix these noduled which end up being tightly scarred in place and resistant to standard liposuction.