Is this normal? Could I have damaged something in my boobs?

I will be 3mpo next month in the 6th and yesterday I was massaging my breast as asual and now my left boob feels really sore from the bottom to my back arm even when I raise up my arms its feels sore. Only my right gave me that pain but before eventually it went away. But now my left is giving me the sore pain feeling and it happen right after a day of ruff massage to them and I also was laying on them for a while during the day. I don't know if I could of damage something.

Soreness after breast massaging

Thank you for your question.This early out it is not unusual to have mild discomfort at times. I would recommend holding off on your massaging for a while. Typically, this kind of pain will relieve itself. You should contact your PS for an exam if the pain does not subside.

After breast augmentation

Hi and thanks for your question, at this point it is difficult to damage something unless you hit or fall. I would stop massages and give it some rest.Best wishes.

Hector Milla, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Acute pain 3 months after BA

It is unlikely at this time period that you did any lasting damage, but since this is an acute change for you it would be best to contact your plastic surgeon for evaluation and specific recommendations. I have seen massage that led to implant rupture or malposition on very rare occasions. It's much more likely that you stretched your muscle or implant capsule, but best to be safe and check in with your surgeon. Good luck, Dr. Meghan Nadeau, Seattle, WA

Meghan Nadeau, MD

Thank you for your question. It may be something pulling the muscle. As it came abruptly I recommend you talk to your physician and they will assess and guide you. 

Boob pain with massage 3 months post op

Hi catalinaa7
At this time in your recovery, it is unlikely you did any damage.  It may be that you strained a muscle or stretched the capsule, or perhaps pulled on a nerve depending on the exact nature of the pain.  I would call your doctor and inform him of the new situation.  Be sure to tell him if you notice any changes in the size, shape, feel of the breast, and anything else that may be different.
It may be that Advil will help, but check first.
Best of luck.
Sek

Visit Your Plastic Surgeon

Since you have noticed a sudden change I recommend that you contact your Plastic Surgeon. They may want to examine you to rule out any problem.
All the best

Breast augmentation - pain after 3 months after massage

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.
  • I am sorry you are having this problem.
  • It is generally best not to be too aggressive doing breast massage after augmentation.
  • You may have irritated the pectoral muscle -
  • If the pain doesn't go away in a day or two, please have your surgeon check you.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Pain 3 months after Breast Augmentation

This not an unusual issue. Sometimes, especially in the early months after augmentation, even a small trauma will cause a small tear in the capsule (the thin layer of tissue around the implant). Even a small tear can be quite uncomfortable and generally takes a week or two to fix itself. Very rarely larger tears can cause some bleeding but that would be much more noticeable. 
Be sure to check with your plastic surgeon to see if he/she wants to have an in person exam.

Pain after breast augmentation surgery

It sounds like you are describing muscle tension/soreness in the line that your pec (chest) muscle pulls from the sternum/base of your chest to your arm.  You may have overdone it a bit in activity.  Ibuprofen is safe to take at this time and may help if your body tolerates that.  Like any muscle strain, it should slowly get better over the next several days but definitely does not go away overnight.  Also, do more gentle massage during this time.
Reasons for bigger concern to quickly address with your surgeon- unusual swelling, redness of the breast, fever, new firmness/hardening of the breast.

Boob Soreness Postop

Thanks for your question! Without pics it's hard to say, but soreness even at three months out is not uncommon. You might have slightly strained your pec muscles from overdoing it a little. If there's no obvious swelling, you are probably ok, but I'd certainly check in with your plastic surgeon just to be sure. Hope that everything works out ok for you!

Robert P. Schmid, MD
Lubbock Plastic Surgeon