Can my revision of my tummy tuck be fixed with liposuction and laser lipo and incision extension? Bulging above my belly button
Doctor Answers 8
Unhappy with Tummy Tuck result
Unfortunately some women have excess fat in the upper abdominal area called the epigastrium. This bulge if present can certainly be corrected but it requires a full exposure of the muscle and midline repair to lessen the appearance. The fat in the area is somewhat softer as well and VASER liposelection may be helpful in removing this while tightening the skin slightly in the area as well. You should ask your doctor to reassess the problem first as he has a full understanding of what your tissues are like, but if you wish to proceed with further correction I think it would be beneficial in the long run so that you can at least be seen in a bathing suit.
Unhappy with mini-tuck result
I am sorry you are unhappy with your result.
Without photos of before/after, comments can only be general.
- Four pounds is a lot of skin and fat to remove -
- This amount of skin and fat would not be removed with a mini-tuck.
- Is it possible you are severely overweight? If so, your surgeon may have found he could not tighten the muscles adequately because of internal excess fat.
- Overweight or not, if you are unhappy with your result, a second opinion is always a good idea.
- Take your pre/post photos and copy of your operative report with you to the second plastic surgeon.
Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.
Muscle repair required
You might also like...
Full tummy tuck benefits
Few patients are great candidates for a mini tummy tuck. Most patients are better candidates and are happier with a full tummy tuck. A full tummy tuck may still be an option for you. If thats is the case it will likely be the best course of action. A full tummy tuck allows:
- more skin removal
- full abdominal wall tightening
- belly button rejuvenation
- better waist shaping
All the best,
Dr. Remus Repta
Bulging after mini tummy tuck
Below is a ful tummy tuck result.
You are going to have to get more opinions so you make an educated decision. Good luck.
Peter Fisher M.D.
Mini Tummy Tuck conversion to a Full Tummy Tuck
Tummy Tuck Revision
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.