My breasts still seem very high. Is this normal? I'm 10 days post op (Photo)

It's been about 10 days since my surgery and yes I do understand that I am still very early in my recovery process but I am just wondering how long it takes for implants to drop. How are they looking so far and also is it normal for one to seem higher than the other ??

It can take a month or two for implants to settle in.

It can take a month or two for implants to settle in. If they are still a bit out of position, sometimes a revision is needed to adjust them. I wouldn't advise revisionary surgery before 3 months, as healing needs time to stabilize. Your surgeon will be able to give you direction when you attend for follow up visits.

At this point in your recovery, it is common for implants to be sitting high and to have some asymmetry.  Yes, your implants are high but it can take anywhere from 3-6 months for your implants to settle and soften and up to a year before you see your actual final result.  Perhaps when you see your surgeon for your follow up, you can ask about wearing a band and any massaging techniques that you can start to help speed along your implants dropping.  ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

High breast implants & low breasts.

Hello aperez123. At 1-2 weeks is too early to say this is a final result. You should let things mature more. It may actually take many months, even a year before your final results. However, your breast implants are extremely high and perhaps you should have considered a breast lift too.  I'm not sure that it will be permanent, but you can always discuss your concerns with you PS at the next visit.Best, Dr. ALDO.

Aldo Guerra, MD

My breasts still seem very high. Is this normal? I'm 10 days post op

Hi aperez123,

It is very normal for your implants to be sitting high at this point in your recovery, however your breasts are sitting exceptionally high. Your breasts should in theory soften and drop between 3-12 months post surgery. I am a bit concerned with the positioning of your nipples post-surgery. I would advise seeing your plastic surgeon if your breasts don’t settle and drop, and also alert them to the fact that your nipples are sitting below your inframammory crease, as you could experience further sagging as your implants fill out the lower pole of the breast. I would be interested to see your pre-operative photos to determine whether you should've had a breast lift in conjunction with your augmentation.

All the best with your recovery,
Craig

Craig Rubinstein, MBBS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants position

You are still very early in your recovery process.  It will take several months for your implants to drop and the shape to become more natural looking.  Be sure to follow the advice of your surgeon as far as activity and massaging.  Keep all follow up appointments so your doctor can modify your recovery plan if needed.

Camille Cash, MD

Breast Augmentation and Implant Position

Thank you for your question about breast augmentation.

In general, I recommend my patients wait about 3-6 months for the implants to fully settle and drop.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

High implants 10 days after

Hi... thank you for the question... and photos.. you should go to your PS and get check.. they are really high, I suggest the use of post-surgery breast band... it really help

Luis A. Mejia, MD

Breasts high after 10 days

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

• Your breasts are high - the biggest problem with under-the-muscle implants.
  • It can take up to 12 months for them to settle in position.
  • So far, they seem fine.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Hope you found this answer helpful. Best wishes.

Realself Question: My breasts still seem very high. Is this normal? I'm 10 days post op (Photo)

It is still very early in your postoperative healing process and the breast implant should appear to drop over the next few months into a more natural appearance.  However, from the appearance of you photos, there is a significant degree of breast ptosis present with the nipple areola complex positioned at the bottom of your breasts.  In order to see a more natural appearance to the breasts postoperatively, the nipple areola complex will need to be relocated to the area of maximal projection of the breast implant.  This could have been done at the initial surgery but it can also be performed at 3-6 months from the breast augmentation surgery when the implant position is stable.

I hope this helps.  Best wishes!

William J. Vinyard, MD, FACS
Palm Beach, Florida

William J. Vinyard, MD, FACS
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Early breast result

It is early in the post-operativ course and the implants are high--it is hard to comment without a before picture.  Please discuss with your surgeon your concerns and if he/she would recommend anything like massage or a bandeau.