Any moms got BA and did well with children? I have a toddler and an almost 1 year old and super nervous!

If all goes well, I have mine scheduled on July 6th. I'm definitely really nervous, but after breastfeeding both kids... I didn't even notice how much my boobs are uneven. It made me feel a little sad but getting them done was what I've always wanted. I'm just nervous how things will be with my kids, thankfully my husband and neighbor/friend are more than willing to help!

Breast augmentation surgery and caring for your children post-op

Your concern is understandable. It's always best to check with your surgeon about his/her post-op activity protocol. I tell my patients they can pick up their children to transfer to highchair, car seat, and crib if necessary as early as three days after surgery with no problem. I recommend waiting, for comfort reasons, until the 14th day before considering carrying their children for extended periods of time. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths." Hope this info reassures you and good luck with your surgery.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Implants and kids

Well, it is normal to be nervous. You really can't lift you child for several weeks after surgery.  Best to ask your surgeon for post-op instructions.  Good luck.

Excellent question.

You are 100% correct in thinking about your post-operative course ahead of time. After you undergo your surgery, it would be unfortunately to invite complications because you have done too much too soon. Follow the advice of your plastic surgeon and his or her post-operative recommendations on do's and don't's. Best of luck to you. 

Ram Kalus, MD
Mount Pleasant Plastic Surgeon

Nervous about breast augmentation

Being nervous about your breast augmentation is completely normal. Many of my patients are moms who have had the breast deflation that comes for many after children and breastfeeding. They are perhaps the happiest of my post op patients. You have good help at home and should do great. Good luck.

Post Op Activity Restriction

Many BA patients are parents. Your Plastic Surgeon will be able to give you instruction regarding post op activity restrictions and let you know what to expect while you heal. I advise my patients not to do strenuous upper body workouts or heavy lifting for 6 weeks post op.

All the best