I'm considering rhinoplasty to have the high bridge on my nose flattened. What are my options, and what are the costs?

Rhinoplasty

It is impossible to answer your question since you have not submitted any pictures. At the least your description sounds like a nasal hump needs to he reduced. But whether any other areas of the nose also need to be changed is not known. Since the extent of the rhinoplasty affects how much it costs, pricing for surgery depends on seeing pictures.

How the Rhinoplasty operation is performed?

There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

In the operation that needs the bone and cartilage tissues to be involved; open approach is used. In the procedures with open approach, the size, shape and functionality of the nose can be improved. The big nasal bumps can be removed and septal deviations can be corrected providing a better nasal airway.

Why should I get a Rhinoplasty operation?

If you are unhappy with the look of your nose, you think that you would be much happier after a rhinoplasty operation; if you had an accident and the shape of your nose got worsened after this accident; then you can be a good candidate for rhinoplasty operation. It is a well-known fact that individuals with feeling themselves beautiful have higher self-esteem. Therefore; if the look or functionality of your nose bothers you, you can get benefit from a rhinoplasty operation.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Cost varies based on geographic region and surgeon exepertise.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Dorsal reduction

This procedure will require a trip to the OR and a week recovery with splints followed by several weeks of swelling to recover from.  But you should see a nice improvement immediately.  Cost is usually in the $5k range. 

Rhinoplasty

its impossible to answer your questions without seeing at least some pictures. Rhinoplasty total cost in DR ranges around 4000- 5000 USD

Luis Eduardo Redondo, MD

I am considering rhinoplasty to have the high bridge on my nose flattened. What are the costs?

The costs of a rhinoplasty are directly proportional to the amount of time it takes to perform the procedure in a formal operating room, time monitored under anesthesia by a physician anesthesiologist, and the surgeon's professional fees for performing the surgery in addition to all of the postoperative follow-up appointments. The dorsal hump can be shaved down and osteotomies will be required to close the open roof created from the hump removal. Anticipate 10 to 14 days of bruising and swelling after the procedure. For more information, many before and after results of dorsal  hump removal along with our current price list, please see the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty

I recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty to have a nasal examination performed and a review of your medical history to see if you are a good candidate for rhinoplasty. You can visit the ASPS website for a list of board certified plastic surgeons in your area. In regards to the cost, it varies based on surgeon and location. I can tell you that the RealSelf average cost for a rhinoplasty is between $7,000-$8,000. Best of luck in your endeavors.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty to improve nasal bridge

It sounds like you would be a good candidate for a rhinoplasty, but would be best for you to have a consultation with a board certified facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon to fully evaluate your nose and discuss options. Costs for a rhinoplasty can vary across different regions of the country and between surgeons, but in general, total costs of a primary rhinoplasty could range between $6000-9000.

Sachin S. Pawar, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for high bridge

Without pictures it is difficult to answer your question. If by high bridge you mean a bump or hump, then you have good options. Your best bet is to see a plastic surgeon in person for an analysis and advice. Best of luck.

Paul W. Loewenstein, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon