Does it look like the tip has changed in the two pics? Or am I just being paranoid? (Photo)

I had rhinoplasty surgery on August 26th. I have a deviated septum fixed along with the hump on my nose shaved down. The photo that is slightly darker I just took compared to the other one where I'm in a lobby about a week and a half ago. Does it look like the tip has become less rounded off and almost longer? Is this possible? Maybe it's starting to sink?

Changes in tip

I agree with the other responses.  I don't see any major differences between the two photos.  I would wait several more months though to see if any change occurs.

Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip issues

I do not see anything drastically different in the two photos. It will take a year or longer for the swelling to subside.

Mild tip changes

There is no obvious change in the tip such as droop.  Any mild changes are not noticeable by other people. You should not intervene.

Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip position

Changes will be happening to your nose since the swelling is subsiding and refining. The two pics are different angles which can always be deceiving. Hard to tell if tip position has changed. Two standardized views with the same head position and angle are always more accurate to assess the nose. 

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question and photographs.

You are still quite early in your recovery period and your appearance will continue to refine.  It may take up to a year for all swelling to resolve and for your nasal appearance to settle to a final outcome. Your doctor may prescribe you a Medrol dose pack (steroid) to help reduce the swelling. Healing is often unpredictable and one side my heal quicker than the other and sometimes even nasal bones may shift in healing.  The outcomes may not be as expected.  In some cases a revision may be recommended to refine your outcomes, but I would wait at least 12-18 months so you are fully healed before considering a revision. 
Best of luck in your recovery!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon