My eye lids want close down I have been sleeping with them partly open.

After surgery I have had a lot problems. With extremely dry eyes

Eyes stuck open after eyelid surgery

Experiencing dry eyes after a blepharoplasty is normal; however you should be able to close your eyes while you sleep. Soon after the surgery as a combination of swelling and early healing, the eyelids can be slightly open in the first instance as the swelling goes down your eyes will be able to close. I recommend contacting your surgeon to make sure recovery is going well in the first instance.

Dry eyes after surgery

Continuous followup with your surgeon is vital. Allow him or her to guide you properly as he or she the scope of the procedure and the specifics about you.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS