Breast lift and small implant for upper pole volume? (Photos)

In need of a breast lift and implants for more volume I desire more fullness on the upper pole of my breast which I don't believe a breast lift alone will create 1.Which type of breast lift is best recommended for breast like mine 2. Will the breast lift scar show in my cleavage from the scar resulting in the bottom part of my breast ?

Breast lift and small implant for upper pole volume?

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos, it appears that you would benefit from a vertical (lollipop) breast lift with implants.  This would give you upper pole fullness and perkier, lifted breasts.  No scar would show within the cleavage area.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Breast lift - what kind? Will the scar show?

Thank you for asking about your breast lift.
  • You are clearly on the right track with a breast lift and small implant.
  • The vertical lift will give you the best scar, avoiding the long, often unsightly crease incision.
  • The scar around your nipple will be visible although it fades with time and may become unnoticeable.
  • The scar from nipple to crease is often not visible, because it is on the undersurface of the breast -
  • The vertical breast lift scar will never show in the cleavage.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Breast lift with implants

Thanks for your question. Yes, I think you have the right idea in mind. I like to use a "vertical mastopexy" scar (so, just the scar up & down in the center/bottom half of the breast, and then around the areola which we would reduce in diameter). The implant adds the attractive fullness at the upper pole of the breast. You will likely get a great result! Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..

The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD