Breast augmentation do I now need a breast lift? (photos)

I had breast implants about 5 years ago (half under the muscle 390cc - see black and white picture) because I had loss of volume from breastfeeding and weight loss. Now unfortunately I have gained about 4 stone :0(( but will be loosing it over next 6 months. My question is my breasts are huge and drooping now and opinions as to do I now need a lift??? Are there any excersises than can be done to tighten and lift the Breast area to improve appearance and will wearing a bra all the time help?

Saggy breasts post augmentation

Hi,Unfortunately, breast implants will not stay where they are placed because they are heavy. They tend to migrate down and out. You will need surgery to correct the ptosis you now have. I'm afraid no amount of exercise will improve your current condition. Wearing a good supportive bra at all times will help from further stretching damage. Good luck to you. I hope this helps. Kind regards,

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation do I now need a breast lift

The only way to lift the breast will be with surgery. I would advise losing any weight you can prior to the lift so the appropriate amount of skin can be removed while reshaping your breast

Julio Garcia, MD

Breast lift

If you are going to lose the weight, then I suggest waiting until you do so then re-evlaute how the breasts look. You may need a lift.

Is it time for a lift

Thank you for your posting photos along with your question! Unfortunately there are no exercises that can help "lift" breasts and wearing a bra will not help lift the breasts either. If you feel as though your breasts are drooping and your nipple position is low and you are wanting younger looking and perkier breasts then a lift would be the solution to that problem. If you are planning on losing weight, you should definitely do that before any surgery is planned. You should also make sure that before you undergo surgery you are able to remain at a consistent weight. Weight loss or gain after any type of cosmetic surgery can alter the results.
As far as the type of lift that would be best for you....that would have to be determine by an in person consultation where an assessment of your breast tissue, volume and nipple position can be made as well as measurements taken. Make sure you are evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon.

Ankur Mehta, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift recommended

You definitely need a breast lift, since at this time they are already fallen. For every 20 pounds of weight, you lose a full size of the breast and this will cause more ptosis and more excess skin.

Kenneth Schimensky, MD

Breast lift after weight loss?

It's impossible to say with accuracy until you can be examined after your weight loss.  If you feel droopy now the deflation from weight loss will probably worsen that sense but until you've lost the weight it's impossible to say whether and what type of breast lift will be best suited for you.Regards,Jon A Perlman MD FACS  Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery  Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016  Beverly Hills, Ca 

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Breast augmentation do I now need a breast lift?

Thanks for your questions and pictures.  It does appear that you would be a good candidate for a breast lift.  Make sure you have reached your goal weight that you can keep long term before undergoing any surgery.  Meet with a board certified plastic surgeon in person.  Unfortunately, there are no exercises that will help you tighten and/or lift the breast area.  Wearing a bra is recommended to help support your breasts.

Naveen Setty, MD

Revision Augmentation Mastopexy

Hello,Yes, you will need a lift if you want an optimized appearance and smaller breasts. Go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons that specialize in revision breast surgery.Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Thank you for your question.  You are a great candidate for breast lift.  Exercises will not tighten the skin or lift the breasts. .  Consult with a board certified Plastic Surgeon.  Review many before and after photos.  Best Wishes.

Lift after aug

You kind of answered your own question - if you've gained significant weight but plan to lose it, then go ahead and do that, and let's see what happens to the breast skin and nipple position.  Ideally, you won't need anything.  If you lose the weight and feel like they are too low, then a lift is in order (alternatively, liposuction only as an initial trial stage).  I wish there were exercises or some magic, but unfortunately there isn't.  Work on your weight, make sure it's stable, and then have your original PS evaluate you if you feel like you need something done.