When should I be able to voice discontent with my Implants? Should I call in earlier or wait until my first appointment? (photo)

1st App, is 17 days PO. I'm 5'11'' around 165lbs and I believe I was advised breast implants that are too small for my frame. The left side seems bigger than the right side. I have Mentor textured implants HP 375cc. Dual Plane. I had a mild ptosis. I voiced I didn't want to look huge, but, never had any suggestion in terms of size. If I had a major difference in breast size, I thought the Dr. should've advised me in getting 2 different size implants, but he never mentioned any major asymmetry. I'm 10 days PO.

When should I be able to voice discontent with my Implants? Should I call in earlier or wait until my first appointment?

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation surgery;  based on your photograph, your concerns regarding breast asymmetry are understandable.  Often, it is best to discuss these  types of concerns in person when your plastic surgeon can examine you and provide you with better information that can be done via phone or email etc.  In the longer term, if you remain displeased with the outcome of surgery, revisionary surgery will likely be necessary to improve your outcome. Best wishes.

As others have stated it will take months  before your implants adjusted to your breast and body and achieve a final result.  However it is normal for you to be concerned about an asymmetry and I would encourage you to express your concern and a calm manner to your plastic surgeon.  In my opinion there is no reason to express concern earlier and your scheduled postoperative visit.

Were they the same to begin?

Thanks for the great question and the photo. The first few months after a breast augmentation can be very frustrating as there are a lot of changes going on with you breasts. In my opinion, looking at your photos you might have been a better candidate for a lift and an augmentation instead of an augmentation alone. That being said most women have size discrepancies between their two breasts. After having an augmentation all of these asymmetries are only more apparent to you the patient. Give everything at least 3 months to settle. If you're unhappy the best thing to do is to see your surgeon again and let them know. I hope this helps.~Dr. Sieber

Too early to judge outcome

At this point in your recovery, it is much too soon to be worried about the outcome.  It takes time for the implants to settle into position and the skin and muscle to stretch out to accommodate the new implant.  It may be 6 months or more before the shape has reached its final look.  Be patient.

Asymmetry after breast augmentation

Thank you for your question. You are very early on in your recovery so give it some time for your final results. Follow up with your surgeon and at your next appointment, you should voice your concerns in a constructive way. I am not sure of the full discussion you had with your plastic surgeon pre-op. Since you had a large degree of asymmetry pre-op in terms of size, shape and nipple position, it it expected by simply performing a breast augmentation you would still have the same degree of asymmetry, your breasts would just be larger. A better option in my opinion would have been a mastopexy and augmentation to correct the size difference, the difference in shape, the areola size and position, etc. Even with a mastopexy-augmentation you would still have some degree of asymmetry, but it would be much closer. This is still an option, but you need to give yourself time to heal first. Best of luck to you.