Sore and redness on incision 1 month post-op?

The soreness went away but then i just realized that my left incision just got red and very sore about 2 days ago. I had 350 cc high profile. Is this normal or should I be worried about a bad infection.

Breast

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Since you have noticed a change in your postop course, best to call your operating surgeon so you can be seen and properly evaluated in person. You may have a slight irritation or superficial skin infection but again, this will best be determined by an in person exam. Good luck!!

Red incision

The appearance of your incision at 4 weeks is not typical and you should see your plastic surgeon. This can be cellulitis from a bacterial infection or hopefully just irritation from the incision taking a while to heal but regardless you should see your surgeon. Topical antibiotic that you can get over the counter may be something to start applying. Best of luckJosh Olson MD

Redness around the incision like this even at 1 month post-op should be evaluated

Even though it has been a month since your surgery, you still appear to have some scabs and small open areas at the edges of your incision, and this means that it is still possible for bacteria to enter the skin.  In addition, from the appearance of the incision as well as the time course since surgery it is quite likely that you still have some absorbable suture material in your tissues.  This can act as a foreign body and harbor any bacteria that might have gotten to it.  These things can lead to a superficial cellulitis, or wound infection, and that looks pretty much like this.  The only other thing that I can think of that could cause this type of appearance is a dermatitis, or skin reaction, to something like a topical antibiotic or other ointment, or some kind of wound dressing or scar treatment.  I think this is something that your surgeon should personally see, and I would make sure you contact him or her as soon as possible, even in the next day, as if it is infectious, you want to treat it aggressively and not give it a chance to spread and/or involve your implant.  Good luck.