Skin Rejuvenating Regimen 27 year old.

Hi! Maybe a strange question. I suffer some mental illnesses, which I get medication for. The worst experience was with lithium. It destroyed my face with acne. Most of the scars faded away with Fraxel, and in two weeks I get my first 35% TCA. Medication makes my skin look older, lots of fine lines and a dull complexion. But I'm only 27. Quitting medication is not an option, so what's the best regimen for decent skin rejuvenation? I also use Retin-A, botox and sunscreen. Thanks in advance!

Good skin regimen

Any good skin regimen will contain the following: 1. Retinoids, 2. Growth factors, 3. Antioxidants, 4. Moisturizers, 5.Sunscreen. Beyond those ingredients, regimens can be enhanced with products unique to your skin condition.

Redding Oculoplastic Surgeon

Skin Rejuvenating Regimen

It is never advised that you come off of your medications without consulting first with your Doctor. If your skin should react to new medication in the future it is best to address it early before any scarring. In addition to the Fraxel treatment, TCA peel, Retin-A, SPF and Botox, I would recommend using medical grade skin care products appropriate for your skin. 

Mahmood Kara, MD