Will the recovery period be longer of a MACS lift when you had earlier surgery at the face ?

Will the recovery period be longer of macs lift, when there where earlier surgery's done to the face ?

Macslift .Secundary facelift

Hi.Thank you for your question. Actually, a secondary facelift is less risky and heals faster. 7 days should be enough for the first recovery. Due to the fact that the incision from the first facelift mark the incisions for the secondary facelift and the surgeon doesnt have to cut so many blood vessels, the bruising and swelling is minimal. Best Regards, Dr Carmona MD

Hi, I have performed many facelifts over the past 30 years. In the hands of an experienced Facelift Surgeon, prior facial surgery or Facelifts should not represent a major issue.  There is typically some extra scarring within the tissues, that need to be dissected for a facelift but this is typical for those of us who often perform facelifts.  It's not unusual for patients to return every 10 - 12 years to have their facelifts "freshened up" so we are often performing a facelft on areas that have previously be operated upon.  

I tell potential facelift patients to think of creating a more beautiful or handsome face by working on three tissue levels.  The bony structure should be appropriate to make a woman’s face heart shaped and a man’s face chiseled and angular which is described below.  Next the fatty layer should be reduced or shaped allowing the shape to be seen and finally excess SMAS and skin evidenced by the presence of jowls) should be removed from the face and neck.

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation using a dermal filler (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or with cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks anteriorly that will feminize the entire face.

If you have "Jowls", these represent sagging facial tissues and are an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift.  The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured. The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:

•very small incisions
•minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery
•can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without anesthesia
•no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
•excess fat can be removed
•excess skin removed
•cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
•most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op

Hope this helps.

Healing after MACS

Your previous surgery may impact your healing especially if it were recent. Regardless, your best option is to follow your surgeon's postoperative instructions to maximize your healing.

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon