Can a Myobrace or Alf help with my overjet and narrow upper arch? (photo)

Doctor Answers 1

Narrow Arch Help

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Yes, and no.  Both of these can  offer some improvement especially if done with oral myofunctional therapy.  In my experience you will get the best results from a SARPE procedure, surgically assisted rapid maxillary expansion or a DNA Appliance and Epigenetic Orthopedics/ orthodontics.  

The results with the DNA Appliance are amazing but require wearing the appliance 12-16 hours /day (much during sleep) while the SARPE procedure can be done over a very short period of time.  It is a less invasive surgery than orthognathic surgery but still has surgical risks. 

Prior to Dr Singh's DNA appliance the SARPE procedure was my go to treatment for cases like yours.

Chair, Alliance of TMD Organizations
Diplomat, American Academy of Pain Management
Diplomat, American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine
Regent & Fellow, International College of CranioMandibular Orthopedics
Board Eligible, American Academy of CranioFacial Pain
Dental Section Editor, Sleep & Health Journal

Member, American Equilibration Society
Member, Academy of Applied Myofunctional Sciences

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.