Is this increase in chin projection achievable with only fillers? (Photos)

If I wished to avoid surgical chin augmentation, but still wanted a little added projection, could fillers be enough to get the kind of results I achieved in this morph?

Doctor Answers 6

Chin fillers

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

fillers into the chin are remarkably good at adding volume as well as shaping the chin. What nice about this is there is very minimal downtime and many of the current fillers on the market have been shown to last up to 2 years. Seek a professional consultation for more advice 

Montreal Dermatologic Surgeon
4.3 out of 5 stars 10 reviews


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Yes, there are a variety of fillers that can help you achieve the results you are looking for.  It is best to speak with an injection specialist to help you chose which filler, or combination of fillers is best for you and your needs.  

Jesse E. Smith, MD, FACS
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 28 reviews

Chin Augmentation with Fillers

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Dear MazeFish:

Yes, fillers like Voluma could be used to augment and enhance your chin to your desired look.  All the best.

You might also like...


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Filler can be used to augment your chin. I would recommend a consult with a reputable Provider.

Fillers in the chin

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hi there, yes, fillers can be used to achieve the kind of projection you want in your chin. I typically use a filler called Voluma for this, it lasts up to 2 years. You would probably need 1-2ml of filler to achieve your desired results.

Justin Harper, MD
Columbus Physician
5.0 out of 5 stars 24 reviews

Filler in chin

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hello, and thanks for your question and photos. Fillers can definitely be used (off-label) to add volume to the chin and increase projection. This is an advanced technique, so I recommend seeing an expert. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 4 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.