When having a full body lift , what procedures are common to combine?

When having a full body lift , what type or procedures are common to combine.? which procedures are not common to combine.? I would like to get an arm, breast, thigh and torsoplasty. This would be after major weight loss. I have had a gastric bypass, I have lost nearly 40kg and expect to lose 30 more.

Full Body Lift

Congratulations on your weight loss! To begin with I advise that my patients to wait one year after their weight has stabilized to begin having surgery. Some common areas to combine are:

• Tummy tuck and inner thigh lift
  • Tummy tuck and outer thigh lift
  • Belt Lipectomy (tummy tuck and buttock lift)
  • Breast surgery and Arm lifts
  • Tummy tuck and breast surgery

Although those are common areas to combine, it's best to speak with your surgeon to determine what is best for your individualized case.

Edmond Plastic Surgeon

Full body lift - combined procedures

Thank you for asking about your body lift.
  • Excellent question - and congratulations on the weight loss.
  • Because the body lift is a long operation, not all surgeons will do additional procedures.
  • You certainly cannot have a thigh lift at the same time.
  • A breast lift or arm lift are possible - depending your health and the surgeon's assessment of how long the surgery would take.
  • In general, surgery is limited to 6 hours - risks rise significantly after that.
  • Wait until you have lost your weight and kept it off x 6 months before having surgery.
  • You can have a consultation once you reach your goal weight.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS