When having a full body lift , what procedures are common to combine?
Doctor Answers 2
Full Body Lift
Congratulations on your weight loss! To begin with I advise that my patients to wait one year after their weight has stabilized to begin having surgery. Some common areas to combine are:
- Tummy tuck and inner thigh lift
- Tummy tuck and outer thigh lift
- Belt Lipectomy (tummy tuck and buttock lift)
- Breast surgery and Arm lifts
- Tummy tuck and breast surgery
Although those are common areas to combine, it's best to speak with your surgeon to determine what is best for your individualized case.
Full body lift - combined procedures
- Excellent question - and congratulations on the weight loss.
- Because the body lift is a long operation, not all surgeons will do additional procedures.
- You certainly cannot have a thigh lift at the same time.
- A breast lift or arm lift are possible - depending your health and the surgeon's assessment of how long the surgery would take.
- In general, surgery is limited to 6 hours - risks rise significantly after that.
- Wait until you have lost your weight and kept it off x 6 months before having surgery.
- You can have a consultation once you reach your goal weight.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.