What under eyes bags solution would be best for me under eye surgery? I've tried filler and it doesn't last long enough. (photo)

I am 37yo. I really hate how my under eye bags look like. I've been doing under eyes (tear through) fillers for last 2-3 years. It just looks awful and doesn't last long. What would you recommend me doing? Under eye surgery? Or something else? I jay want to look younger and fresher.

Lower Eyelid Aging

Thank you for your photo.  It does appear as if your tear troughs do need some type of volume replacement.  This is an area that must be treated correctly, or problems will show up rather easily.  It can be treated with both filler and fat transfer.  Since you have tried filler and it does not seem to work as well as you would like, I would opt for fat transfer.  It appears from the photo that your skin is on the thin side in this area.  That can be normal for you, therefore, this must be taken into account in choosing the correct solution for you as the patient.  Each patient is different and this is best determined by a consultation in person to examine the tear trough area. Your surgeon should be experienced in treating this area due to the unusual anatomy of this area. 

My preference in treating this area is Fat transfer.  Your own fat acts different than fillers in your tissues.  Because this area can be so thin, problems with fillers can show through the skin.  This will not occur with your own fat because it is your own tissue,  If it is layered in smoothly, it will achieve  circulation from your own tissue.  It will live as fat and create the volume you need in this area.  You are a great candidate for this procedure in the right hands.  Good Luck.

Lower Eyelid Aging

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Under eye treatment

Thanks for your question.  You have a prominent tear trough and dermal fillers are generally a well-accepted treatment option for the area.   Longer lasting treatment options include fat grafting to the area in order to create a smoother and youthful contour. See a specialist for an in person examination and to learn more about your treatment options..  Best wishes.  

Paul Nazemi, MD
Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon

Under eye treatment

Paul Nazemi, MD
Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon

Under eye hollowness

Thank you for posting your pictures. Your other option would be microfatgrafting or fat transposition from your lower eyelids. It does not look like have enough lower eyelid fat to transpose so fat grafting might be the best option for you. The fat can be harvested from your abdomen. I prefer to mix it with PRP (platelet rich plasma) to allow for better survival rate of the transferred fat cells and also make the consistency more liquid and easier to infiltrate without leaving lump and bumps. Hope this was helpful. Good luck.

Under eye hollowness