Is this the right donor area for FUE? (Photos)

Had a FUE treatment yesterday. Removed the bandages of my donor area and was a bit surprised. I always thought the non DHT-sensitive area for hairtransplantation was a bit lower. They told me they got as many grafts as possible btw. Curious if this is really the maximum by the looks of it and if the area they chose as donor area is correct. Would appreciate any info.

That is Not Safe Donor Area

That area of extraction is not regarded as the safe donor area and at my clinic we never extract follicles at that level. At this point you may want to consider finasteride to help preserve lower crown hair or with more hair loss the punctate scars may become visible.

Seattle Hair Restoration Surgeon

The donor area may be high but if you never go bald in that area, it may not be an issue. If you are concerned contact your doc

The donor area may be high but if you never go bald in that area, it may not be an issue.  If you are concerned contact your doctor.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Donor zone

the area that they extracted from is too high. The donor zone is usually below the area where they extracted from. You need to talk to your doctor and express your concern. 

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

Post op care

The permanent one of your donor area measures 6 cm high above the bump (occipital notch) in the back of your scalp. Your post operative care has too many early crusts which remain caked onto your head. Be sure not to pick these off as you now have to wait until they fall off with twice daily shampooing and leaving the shampoo on your head for 5-10 minutes and gently massaging the crusts until they fall off in the next few weeks. Your doctors should have told you how to wash your hair immediately after the surgery so you would have looked like the picture in the web reference

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon