Dipping below baseline with bimatoprost/Latisse?

Hi, I'd like to strengthen both my eyebrows and eyelashes. Bimatoprost seems a viable option. It appears, once one stop using it, the results can't be maintained. Is there any risk at all(even a small risk) one might drop below baseline(pre-Latisse state of eyebrows and eyelashes) upon discontinuing it(similar to minoxidil on scalp hair). Thank you.

Return to baseline?

The general consensus from available research regarding Latisse is that there would be return to baseline growth after discontinuation. I haven't had any patients say that had baseline reduction after stopping it and I've been prescribing it for several years.

Portland Physician

Hair growth after discontinuation of Latisse

After discontinuation, the lashes normally go back to their pre-Latisse state.  There is no reason why it should be worse.  I have not seen this in myself or even anecdotally.  However, lashes do thin as we age and so you may not that this occurs but it is due to aging and unlikely to be due to a side effect of Latisse discontinuation.

Keshini Parbhu, MD
Orlando Oculoplastic Surgeon

Getting Eyebrows to Grow--PRP & progesterone

You would need to continue to use it to keep your results. Prp and progesterone can be used to regrow the eyebrows for great effect. I recommend a formal evaluation with a cosmetic dermatologist. Best, Dr. Emer

Effect of stopping Latisse

When people stop Latisse, lashes simply go back to their pre-Latisse condition. You might feel like they were worse than before you used it but that almost certainly will not happen.

Daniel Lensink, MD
Redding Oculoplastic Surgeon