Chin asymmetry correction with implant. Any suggestions? (photos)

Hi, I am a 24 year old male. I noticed my chin is asymmetrical and slightly retruded from profile, the retrusion is more pronounced in 3/4 angle from one side than from the other because of the asymmetry. Can symmetry and optimal projection of my chin be achieve with an implant alone, without removing any bone, if so, does this seem viable in my case? Thank you.

Chin

You said your chin is weak on profile but you did not provide a profile view.

Anyway correcting the asymmetry that I see on frontal view is tricky at best but can work

I cannot make any concrete recommendations without a profile.

Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Chin Asymmetry

If you are trying to correct chin asymmetry with an implant alone, it is best that the implant is custom designed off of a 3D CT scan of your jaw. It is very hard to correct chin asymmetry by just visualizing placing an implant in an asymmetric fashion. You are just as likely to cause other asymmetries by that approach.

Chin asymmetry correction with implant. Any suggestions?

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  

Hope this helps.