Help! this is not what I want for my breast augmentation! (Photos)

Breast augmentation 3D My doctor says that this is the best for my shape, but I hate this look. This is 340cc over muscle. She thought it was the best option because I do not want a lift!

Realistic expectations

Thank you for your question, it is an important one for you to ask. In almost all cases of post op dissatisfaction with appearance in comes down to communication on both parts from the start.  A breast implant is only enchaining how you look from the start. If you have a certain amount of droop to begin with and want to avoid a lift, using a breast implant alone can be a good option as long as you are realistic with what you are getting. Placing the implant subglandular or dual plane can help lift the nipple position to a degree but does not substitute a breast lift.

Realistic expectations

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Surgery outcome

Outcomes from breast augmentation depend on many things including over or under the muscle, type of implant, shape of breast. If your breasts are lateral. I would recommend getting another consult prior to your surgery.

Barry M. Schwartz, MD
Weston Plastic Surgeon

Surgery outcome

Barry M. Schwartz, MD
Weston Plastic Surgeon

Surgery Outcome

Hi marisici,

I understand that you are not satisfied with the possible outcome of the surgery as formulated by your surgeon. You should speak with your surgeon again and discuss your concerns. Make sure that your surgeon understands and envisions the goal that you want to achieve.

By understanding your goals, your surgeon will be able to formulate a surgery approach that would best achieve it.

Daniel Barrett, MD, MHA, MS

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Member, Am. Society of Plastic Surgery

Surgery Outcome

Hi marisici,

Daniel Barrett, MD, MHA, MS

Member, Am. Society of Plastic Surgery

This is not what I want for my breast augmentation!

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately I don't think that you will be able to achieve a result like your goal picture. The person in your goal picture has a much narrower distance between her breast. The space between your breast is determined by where the breast tissue attaches to your sternum. Discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Jon E. Rast, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Jon E. Rast, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon