What does it mean that I only see a few black dots (and a few native/original hairs) 5 weeks after a FUE hair transplant?(photo)

I know that somebody has to wait at least 6 months to see significant results. But what can one expect 5 weeks after an FUE hair transplant. I only see a few black dots, some redness and some native hairs. Does this mean that the 'new' hairs are hidden beneath the skin? Is this the reason that there are only a few new black dots at this stage?

It can take 6 to 12 months after surgery to see results. If you are concerned it is best to contact your doctor

It can take 6 to 12 months after surgery to see results.  If you are concerned it is best to contact your doctor.  It is not clear what you are really seeing.  It may be scabs or old hairs.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Only see a few black dots

that is all you  expect 5 weeks after an FUE hair transplant: few black dots, some redness and some native hairs. This mean that the 'new' hairs does not start to regrowth yet.

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

At 5 weeks

What I think you are looking at is still some crusting which needs to be washed off by this point with a shampoo that stays on your head for 5-10 minutes. The black dots will then go away

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon