Is the abdominal board really necessary under the compression garment?

Dear all, I am having lipo and BBL soon and I ordered the foam sheets for under the compression garment. However I also saw the abdominal board and the lower back flatting board ( triangle shape) . I am wondering if these boards are really necessary?? Thank you in advance for the answers.

Greeting

Thank you for your question, you will not need abdominal board the compression garments are for comfort. After your procedure your surgeon will recommed the best whıch will make you feel comfortable.

Liposuction and BBL - do I need to buy the abdominal boards

Thank you for asking about your liposuction and BBL.

• In my experience, there is no need to use any flattening board.
  • The surgical results depend on the procedure - not on external molding as far as we know.
  • The compression garments are for comfort -
  • The foam does help to reduce bruising if it is used immediately after surgery.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS