Is the abdominal board really necessary under the compression garment?

Dear all, I am having lipo and BBL soon and I ordered the foam sheets for under the compression garment. However I also saw the abdominal board and the lower back flatting board ( triangle shape) . I am wondering if these boards are really necessary?? Thank you in advance for the answers.

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing following surgery.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Thank you for your question, you will not need abdominal board the compression garments are for comfort. After your procedure your surgeon will recommed the best whıch will make you feel comfortable.

Liposuction and BBL - do I need to buy the abdominal boards

Thank you for asking about your liposuction and BBL.

• In my experience, there is no need to use any flattening board.
  • The surgical results depend on the procedure - not on external molding as far as we know.
  • The compression garments are for comfort -
  • The foam does help to reduce bruising if it is used immediately after surgery.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS