I'm nervous about a Rhinoplasty. What happens if I am not satisfied with my results? (photos)

I've always hated my nose and I think it's time to get a nose job, but I'm worried that it won't turn out the way I want it too. My nostrils are too wide, and have these deep lines on the side. when I smile it stretches and I get a dropping triangular nose. To top it off the sides are in equal. I hate it. Could I achieve natural results and don't end up that girl whom everyone knows got plastic surgery done? if I'm not satisfied with my results or something goes wrong, will I be covered some how?

Concerns Regarding Rhinoplasty

Having anxiety about rhinoplasty is a normal feeling. Most patients have difficulty understanding the interrelated steps to achieve a satisfactory result, so they naturally will be concerned that there definitive goals will be achieved.
Anxiety should be allayed by the surgeon. It is important that the patient do their homework to understand the training and skill of the surgeon that they have chosen to perform their operation.
Once they have confidence in the surgeon, then the patient has to trust their judgement.
Even in the best surgeons hands 10 to 15% of patients require minor touchups seven or eight months after surgery. This may be a minor rasping of an irregularity of the bridge of the nose or minor adjustment of the nasal tip. A skilled rhinoplasty surgeon should be able to deliver a significant improvement for most patients who have a specific problem with their nose.

Rhinoplasty

It is possible to achieve natural appearing results that fit the rest of your face in a balanced way, but to do so it is important to find the surgeon who shares your aesthetic eye who you can communicate well with.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you with achieving the results you seek.  3-dimensional computer imaging can also help you visualize what you may look like afterwards and help you communicate with your surgeon the results you desire.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Deciding on a #Rhinoplasty

It is difficult to assess your nose from the photos, but there is no question that a rhinoplasty can be performed in a natural way. You need to communicate with your surgeon to help them understand your ultimate aesthetic goals. Often, in office pre-operative imaging can be helpful in deciding if a rhinoplasty is right for you. 

You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to get a formal opinion through and in-person consultation.

Vincent Marin, MD
MarinAesthetics.com

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Dissatisfaction with any elective rhinoplasty

Is very important that you choose a skilled plastic surgeon in that both of you have the same goals in mind. I find video imaging very useful. You should discuss your options if at the end of the day you are dissatisfied with the result.

I'm nervous about a Rhinoplasty. What happens if I am not satisfied with my results?

The tip can be refined and elevated, and the nostrils can be reduced.