I'm curious about the expectations that I should have when undergoing breast & mini TT procedures.

What determines the end result of a b. a. enhancement if an individual would like to achieve symmetrically round breast with centered nipples on an 115lb frame? What determines the cc's used and how is the measurement for breast circumference taken before and after the procedure. Is this result likely or unlikely to be achieved?

Breast Implant Selection with a Mommy Makeover

Usually if a woman wears a size 36 AB bra and would like to be a C cup, which is the average size that women wear and the average size bra that is sold, she needs a volume of approximately 350 to 390 cc to make that change. This becomes less if she's wearing a 34 bra, because it has a smaller strap size and the cups have a smaller diameter. A smaller diameter implant would then be a volume of approximately 300 to 350 cc. In the same way if she was more petite, maybe a double zero or size one and wore a 32 AB bra, then to become a 32C cup she would only require about 250 to 300 cc. This is a general number, and of course there are other factors that will affect this.

Furthermore, a Breast Lift with the Implants may be something to consider.
Getting #BreastImplants without a #BreastLift is usually said to be mistake by many patients who reflect back on the decision. Most breasts will look larger and more droopy with solely implants. They will sag more and sooner, due to the sudden and excess weight. At times it's possible for a “Snoopy” breast or double bubble to develop as a result.

Other factors which contribute to the outcome are size, shape, and profile.
The #profile is determined by the amount of #projection versus roundness that the you desire, as well as the #size of the implant and size of your chest. Also, the placement or incision location will also have an effect on profile.
Another element to a satisfying result of your #augmentation is realistic #expectations.
Talk to your surgeon at greater length and be sure to view before and after pictures and reviews beforehand to gain more reassurance of the procedure.

Breast and mini tummy tuck

The good news is that you should be able to achieve a nice result. Without the benefit of pictures it is difficult to give you an answer. There are many factors that will dictate what type or size implant is best for a patient and these are determined during a consultation after a breast exam. It is best for you to meet with a board certified plastic surgeon and they can guide you in the right direction for a good result.

Mark Deutsch, MD

BA size choice

Some photos for reference would be helpful for comment. Breast implants will be placed centered, under your areolas so the characteristics of your breasts such as spacing and nipple placement is unlikely to change much with Breast Augmentation. What it will do is add volume and fullness to the breasts. Issues such as constriction of the breast can also be improved with additional surgical interventions + breast implants.

What determines the cc's of your implant is a combination of your Plastic Surgeon's measurement of your breasts and your desired outcome. My patients find it helpful to try on sizers in office from a small range of options provided. Each will be a "fit" for the patient, but have varying degrees of fullness and projection.

I recommend that you book a consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon who specialises in breast augmentation and share your expectations with them.

All the best!

Mommy makeover

Thank you for your question.  The end result is determined by several factors, but to give yourself the best chance of having an excellent outcome, it is crucial to choose a surgeon who is board certified in plastic surgery and is also an expert in the breast augmentation procedure.  During a consultation, the cc's most appropriate for you will be determined after a physical evaluation.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Breast implant cc determination

I have my patients place different sized implants in to their bras in order to determine the best size for them. They also show me photos of breasts that they like so that I can guide them in choosing the right amount of cc's.

Thank you for your question!

Dr. Schreiber, Baltimore plastic surgeon

Breast augmentation and symmetry

Breast augmentation will never change the position of your nipples as how they are now. If you have symmetrical nipple position, then they will be symmetrical after the augmentation. If they are not symmetrical, they will be the same as they are now, only bigger. Size can be tricked with the used of different size implants, but nipple position will not change. The maximum amount of ccs used will depend on how much will properly fit in your current breast, we find that number by measuring the wideness of your current breast, and this is simply measured with a rule or any other measure device. we will use sizers to help us find the amount of ccs that will get you the result you want, if this size is the same or less that the maximum that will fit, then that should be the sized used.

Find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and discuss what will be the proper treatment to achieve the result you desires.

Regards,

Dr. Luis Redondo

Luis Eduardo Redondo, MD

Breast augmentation and mini tummy tuck

Thank you for your question. It is difficult to be very specific with an answer but in general, many factors going to play to have your natural and symmetrical presentation. Most important factor would be choosing your plastic surgeon and having discussions regarding your goals in person. In general, if there is a combination procedure,  you can have your breast implants placed through your tummy tuck incision TABA.  

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Expectations for a breast enlargement and mini tummy tuck

Thank you for asking about your breast and tummy surgery.

• Yours is a very complex question -
  • The end result is based on your own anatomy, the look you want and how close the surgeon can get to that look.
  • If your breasts are asymmetric and the nipples off-center, your surgeon will explain what can and can't be achieved - no woman has truly symmetric breasts. Most differ by a 1/2 a cup size.
  • The volume again is based on your dimensions and your goal.
  • So in planning, you need to visit a plastic surgeon and with her/his help, figure out how close you can come to your desired look.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Hope you found this answer helpful. Best wishes

Thank you for your questions. In general an in-person assessment is required to make the best treatment recommendations, as key breast measurements need to be taken during your consultation and a thorough discussion as to your goal outcomes needs to be had in order to choose the appropriate size, style, and profile of implant.  A breast augmentation, with or without a lift, is a common procedure employed to try and achieve greater symmetry in a woman's breasts.  Hope that this helps. 

Expectations

With straight forward breast augmentation, you are limited on achieving symmetry if you are starting with quite a bit of asymmetry. Implants are placed behind the breast mound you have and centered around the nipple. Different size or profile implant can be used to improve symmetry if you do not need or want a lift operation. 

N. Bill Aydin, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon