Do I have TE or Female Pattern Baldness/ AGA? I am 22. In the past 3 yrs, I have been having hairfall for 3-4 months every yr.

I dont have bald patches or wide of hair part but during the hair fall, my hair gets thinner. I notice alot of hair in shower.There are always loose strands hanging from my hair. After the hairfall stops, my hair goes back to normal; no hairfall. The bouts of hairfall coincide with periods of extreme emotional stress. I'm worried that I might have genetic baldness. My father is bald. I dont have access to dermatologists. Will I become bald sooner or later?

Getting to the Bottom of It--Seeking Hair Loss Treatment: PRP and Progesterone

This is really hard to answer without an evaluation. I suggest seeing an expert to evaluate the cause of your hair loss and consider the best treatment options. There are great non-invasive options like PRP/progesterone and/or hair transplantation. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Female hair loss or CTE?

I have written extensively on this problem and have given you the reference below so read it and I hope you find it interesting

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair loss

it is best to have a consultation with a hair restoration surgeon who can provide you with a scalp and hair examination, as well as discuss options that are available to you, and track your progress. It sounds like you may have CTE, but without a full history and examination (or photos even) it is difficult to tell if you are thinning or your pattern of hair loss.

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician