Scars removal after gynecomastia surgery? (Photo)

It's already 2 years i had gyno surgery in my chest. They are quite big and depressing. I want to remove it anyhow because it's getting me very sad and depressing. I have posted a photo of it. Can you please advise me how do i get rid of these scars :(

Scars from Gynecomastia Surgery

Your #incisions will go through a maturation #process following #Gynecomastia #surgery. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.In the future, if you are concerned with scars, with your surgeon's approval you may be able to use scar management treatments such as Biocornuem,  Scar Guard, Scar Fade,  IPL Laser,  Yag Laser,   5fu/Kenalog for thick scars, or silicone sheeting.

Scar revision needed

This is a tough problem without an easy solution. Best advice is to obtain a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in gynecomastia surgery and scar revision.

Scars Removal After Gynecomastia Surgery?

You certainly have a significant problem both with the scar (and its location), as well as the contour. You will need correction of both and possibly some fat grafting. Please find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who can help you with your problem.

All The Best !

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon