White female DESPERATE for advice on B/L Bleph vs. Fillers vs? My go to - got up and WENT! (Photo)

My bucket list for my 40th bday next month = Possible permanent solution to restore lost volume to SEVERE lower lid hollowing + severe static wrinkles (see pic posted) * Last 3 years I've gotten "liquid face lift" combo Botox + Juvederm XC (mid-face/tear trough). I get almost Immediate results every time!! Lasting 8+ months & taki years off. However, last weeks visit proved to be my Kiss of Death! 4 days of volume had gave way to hollowing and wrinkles, as shown in pic. PLEASE advise

Doctor Answers 3

Possibly both needed

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Unfortunately, the pictures I see are difficult to propose an exact treatment. So a final treatment plan would depend on your in office evaluation.Voluma should not be injected into the thin tissues of the eyelid near the lashes.Volumization will not necessarily correct thin surface wrinkling. You may indeed need a laser eyelid peel or perhaps a lower lid blepharoplasty to give you your desired results. An experienced facial plastic or occuloplastic surgeon should explain your best options after their evaluations.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bleph vs. Fillers

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Dear jt, thank you for your question. Injectable fillers can be used to enhance facial volume, correct lines and depressions, and rejuvenate the face without surgery. Some common fillers used in our San Diego practice include restylane, juvederm, perlane, voluma, radiesse, and sculptra. Consult with an experienced facial plastic surgeon injector to review your options. Good Luck!

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Voluma to tear troughs isn't recommended

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Voluma is approved for mid-face volume loss, not the tear trough or lower eyelid area. While there will be some uses for it "off label" I would not recommend you get Voluma in this area as you already have a lot of volume in the mid face region. I would suggest you visit a plastic surgeon for an evaluation for a lower bleph.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

You might also like...

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.