Swelling/pain around incision (left side) (possible rupture)? (photos)

Is normal for more swelling to me on my left side and started aching a bit more around my incision? I know its normal for one side to heal faster than the other, but it seems thr left side is still kinda the same as the day of the procedure. My right side is dropping a little and getting pretty soft. The incision is not swollen or anything. Also, the next day after my procedure I started feeling a little cool sensation inside my left breast. Ive also been having some sharp pains on that side.

Asymmetry While Healing

Thank you for your question and photos. It appears that you had a significant asymmetry to begin with and it is not uncommon for the breasts to heal at slightly different rates normally.

I recommend that you follow up with your Plastic Surgeon and try to wait until at least 6 months post op to evaluate your settled results.

All the best

Breast augmentation - aching and swelling around incision

Thank you for your question about your breast augmentation.

• When you have one-sided pain and swelling after a breast implant, it is wise to see your surgeon.
  • One can't tell you if all is well without seeing you in person.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Breast aug, swelling, post op

it is normal to have slightly more swelling on one side versus the other. Healing takes time and it may not be symmetrical. Check in with your surgeon as well and keep them posted at to your recovery.

Margo Herron, MD
Medford Plastic Surgeon

Left Side Pain

Thank you for your question and for your photos. Based on the photos you have provided, it appears that you are still very early in healing process. It is very common to experience many different sensations and changes over the next few week. If you have any questions or concerns this early in the healing process, I would recommend that you contact your plastic surgeon. He/She will be able to better advise you on what is normal healing verse what is cause for concern.

Early

By your pictures, it appears that you are still early in this process. You can expect many different feelings and changes in the next few week. If you have any concerns in the early period, I would recommend evaluation with your PS who can give better advice about what going on at this time point. Good Luck.

Swelling/pain around incision (left side) (possible rupture)?

Thank you for your question and photographs, and it appears that you will have a very nice result. After placement of implants, the overall appearance of the breasts will change dramatically over the next several months, as the implants drop, and the overlying tissue stretches to accommodate the extra volume. In your case the swelling from surgery is flattening your implants and holding them high on your chest. As this swelling resolves the volume within the implant will redistribute towards the lower portion of your breast achieving a more natural appearance. I know waiting is difficult, but judge your results at 4-6 months after surgery as most of your breast changes should have occurred by then. Hope this helps.

Swelling and Pain

Thank you for your question, and for providing the pictures.

There doesn't seem to be anything obviously "wrong" in your pictures that makes me concerned, and what you are describing is fairly common during recovery.  However, if the swelling/pain worsens, or if you have concerns in general, I recommend contacting your doctor to discuss the issue and possibly be examined in person.  Best of luck!

Cheers,
Dr. Michael Epstein
MAE Plastic Surgery
Northbrook, IL

Healing after BA

Thank you for your question. I'd suggest seeing your surgeon today or tomorrow. I doubt there is any major problem, and yes, it is very common to have one side that is more problematic/painful with breast implant surgery. It would just be good to have your surgeon see it in person. Until then, I'd suggest a nice-fitting compression sports bra for support. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Swelling?

Yes...this is not at all unusual.  Dont force any thing.  Let the process play out.  You don't need to go see your surgeon other than your scheduled visits...just let the tissues settle.  It can take months.  Be patient. In the meantime...do not wear any bras that pushes the implants higher such as push up or underwire bras.  Wear a comfortable sports bra.  Hope this helps.  Good luck
Dr Vasisht

Bhupesh Vasisht, MD
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

Pain/swelling post surgery

Thank you for your question and the photos.

Although it is normal for the breasts to settle at different rates and to experience all manner of sensations whilst you are healing I think it would be very advisable to go back and see your plastic surgeon so that you can be examined to ensure everything is settling as it should.

Chien C. Kat, FRCS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon