Can a Negative Carnal Tilt of the Eyes Be Corrected?

My eyes slightly tilt downward. I think it´s because I have underdeveloped cheekbones. I´m thinking of getting cheek implants. Would this fix my eyes aswell or would I need a different kind of surgery for that? Thanks in advance.

Doctor Answers 1


The surgery that you are looking for is called canthoplasty/canthopexy [depending on what is needed]. This is a surgery that should be carefully considered because it can change the shape of an eye significant. Please post photos for us to give you a better recommendation if you need this surgery.

THe cheek implants will not change the shape of your eyelid canthi.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 37 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.