Can an otoplasty treat drip coming from ear and making its way down to the throat?

I've been told by my ENT that my drip mat be coming from my ears (possibly), he wants me to get some x-rays. Can an Otoplasty treat this?

Drip from ear

An Otoplasty is a Cosmetic Procedure to improve the external appearance of your ears. Unfortunately, it will not keep and dripping from the inner ear. I recommend that you consult with your ENT and get a CT scan done to see what is truly causing your ear to drip.

Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Otoplasty and ear drainage

Otoplasty is a cosmetic procedure that changes the external appearance of your ears. From your question, the problem you are seeking to correct sounds more like a middle ear problem, which would not be addressed by an otoplasty. I hope this helps. Best of luck.

Otoplasty will only change the external shape of your ears. If you have middle ear problems, an ENT can recommend procedures that might improve your symptoms. An otoplasty would lead to only cosmetic improvement in the shape of the ears. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Otoplasty and ear drip

Otoplasty only treats the external ear and not the middle ear.  It will have no effect on ear drip.

Regards

Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Otoplasty surgery

An otoplasty is ear shaping and sculpting surgery; it addresses the cartilage framework and skin of the external ear, most commonly for cosmetic purposes.  This surgery does not address any issues that may cause ear, nose, or throat drainage, and is not likely to address your concern.  

Inessa Fishman, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

otoplasty candidate

An otoplasty is cosmetic surgery that changes the shape of the external portion of the ears, and has nothing to do the functional inner ear problems.

Otoplasty

Otoplasty only addresses the external appearance of the ear, typically to correct very prominent or protruding ears. Unfortunately, it would have no impact on any of your other ENT related symptoms.

Sachin S. Pawar, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon